Thursday 5/16: According to a new study, owning one of these can lower your risk of heart disease... What is it?
Answer: A dog
Wednesdsay 5/15: The average woman spends $15,000 over the course of her lifetime replacing this. What is it?
Tuesday 5/14: The average mom and dad spend $62.25 a weekend on this. What is it?
Answer: A babysitter
Monday 5/13: Nearly 20% of money couples spend, without telling each other, goes toward THIS…What?
Answer: Lottery Tickets
Friday 5/10: Nearly 40% of American's have done this while in the kitchen... What is it?
Answer: Cook along with a cooking show
Thursday 5/9: Nearly 50% of American homes have one of these... What is it?
Answer: House Plants
Wednesday 5/8: 1-in-3 women say they'd change this about themselves if they could... What is it?
Answer: Their laugh
Tuesday 5/7: It’s 70% more likely that your boss did this today, and you didn’t…what is it?
Answer: Go out to lunch
Monday 5/6: THIS is a task we do on average about every two years... What is it?
Answer: Clean out the glovebox
Friday 5/3: THIS is the second most popular beverage in the world... What is it?
Info courtesy of KKTV
Road Closures For Pro Cycling Challenge
As professional cyclists swarm
Cyclists are starting in Breckenridge Friday and entering
According to the city, the following areas will be closed:
• 2:00 a.m. – parking lot at Pikes Peak Avenue and Cascade Avenue closed through 8/24
• 9:00 a.m. – Tejon Street closed between Colorado Avenue and Kiowa Street and between Kiowa Street and Bijou Street (through midnight Friday, 8/24);
• 9:00 a.m. – Pikes Peak Avenue closed between Cascade and Nevada Avenues (through midnight Friday, 8/24)
• 12:30 p.m. – short-duration closures moving toward Colorado Springs starting at Hartsel until approximately 4:00 p.m. at Manitou Springs
• 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – park closed to motorized traffic and rock climbing
OLD COLORADO CITY
• 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – no parking on 30th Street from Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center to Colorado Avenue and on Colorado Avenue from 30th Street to Cascade Avenue
• 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – short-duration closure on route above when the race arrives; cross traffic allowed until race arrives
• 9:00 a.m. –
• 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – closure of full circuit (Tejon/Cascade on the east/west and Cache La Poudre/Colorado on the north/south)
• 2:30 p.m. -
Employees in affected areas should contact their employers to determine the best parking procedure for the day. The city says that those who arrive downtown before 9 a.m. should not have any parking restriction except for street parking in certain areas. Those leaving work Friday afternoon on Cascade will be restricted until the race ends, likely no later than 5:15 p.m.
All city parking garages will be open Friday, though departures from Bijou and Cascade will be controlled between 1 p.m.-5 p.m.